Softmod Depot
April 18, 2024, 06:32:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GEN at it again (Good or bad?) 5.50GEN-D3  (Read 14392 times)
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2009, 11:41:19 AM »

Ok so GEN came out with the New 5.50Gen-D3 ..... why no 6.10GEN Well they SAY... that if they update to 6.xx then 3.xx hombrew would not work But for me i think that's just a load of crap =) or if anything they could add the option for 3.xx or 6.xx kernel settings

ANYWAYS... with this update it's Said to have ALL games from December,15,2009 and below Working From memory stick And UMD  BUT this is not true =( i guess if it did work i would understand for the UMD users this would have been a Good update, BUT it's not all bad, thus far it's only the one game "mx vs atv reflex" that does not work  Tongue
-Still no support for PSN (you would think they would find a bypass for this by now)

But reports of Bugs and errors just like with all GEN CFWs have been flowing in.

-PSP-1000 charger only works if the wifi is turned off
-i cant get into anything but the updater since ive updated to this
-Popsloader still has no sound
-i cant open games up, umd or iso, or homebrew.. all it does is hang at the psp screen and turns off or goes to a black screen and turns off

But then again you need to remember Human stupidity and most errors are from that  Grin

I myself have Not tried this New update as i am a 5.00m33-6 user and all games work on 5.00m33-6 So no point in me updating lol.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 04:07:39 PM »

Well Guess what mx vs atv reflex Just got patched
 http://www.devils-shadow.com/forums/psp-iso-cso-downloads/29795-mx-vs-atv-reflex-patched.html

Sadly it only works for 5.50Gen-D3  lol (But i still have hope in a 5.00m33-6 version coming out)
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:34:44 PM »

Well there was a mixup and a lot of those errrors were supposedly fixed in the final version of the firmware. Everything works for me on both my slim and phat. my psp 1000 charger worked with wifi on even before the final version came out. I suggest that the last problem has something to do with the memorystick. Maybe they installed the 3.71fatms driver along with speed up ms which screws everything up. PSN. Well, They can bypass the PSN thing, but Sony will come up with a patch in an hour or so and it will be cat and mouse from there. AT least thats what GEN told the community. I belive them but there is alwasy speculation. PSN demos like new ones work fine and when you boot them, the psp has a purple screen for 10 ms to show you it was successful (thats one thing M33 does not have the ability to play new psn demos) Now that this is out and it , indeed, was a major flop i am just waiting for iXtreme LT to really make my days happy again. The wii bores me and im just to damn lazy to remod it cause now it wont boot s**t. oh well, i guess ill stick with playing my PSN demos.

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 12:57:11 AM »

well i was listing errors from the Full version copy LOL if i did for the beta copy that got sent out I'll have to start a new page for all the errors HAHAHAHA...

But yea, With GEN cfw it all comes down to a persons PSP and version type (Like my PSP Fat 1000 is not the same version as your Fat 1000

anyways i don't see playing PSN demos as a plus lol just a waste of time, i mean who gets demos that last like 30secs when they can just get the game, play it and if you like it Buy it.

as for the Reason they give on PSN that's a load of crap HAHAHAHA.

Ps.. sorry if i am like putting them down or anything i really don't mean to it's just i deal with the peoples problems and errors from GEN on a Hourly bases So it's hard to see the good in them  Grin
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 11:54:55 AM »

well zzk if your still on M33 im assuming your PSN doesn't work correct? or is their a patch for that because i wanna play some PSX games and i wanna download a game off the PSN Store
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 06:02:08 PM »

nope =( PSN right now "if not forever" does not work with ANY CFW =( but really it's easier to just download the PSX game you want from torrents.
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 09:02:02 PM »

if you must you can use mediaGO to do this. It's a pc program that syncs to your psp and the PSN DRM has been cracked. you can look at the regular places to find the PSN versions of PSX games for download snipes.

All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 06:15:40 PM »

nope =( PSN right now "if not forever" does not work with ANY CFW

Wait im on GEN-D2 and my PSN works... WTF!?!?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 05:07:21 AM »

WOW.. really LOL i was told GEN did not work on PSN  lol man people suck  Tongue
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 11:51:49 AM »

Yeah, well im going to text out some PSX games made from my PSX2PSP converter
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 10:50:08 PM »

wtf it works for me too... what the hell?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: