Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 05:22:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PSP Media Center  (Read 4511 times)
Snipes101
Technical Support Team
Sr. Modder

!!!Live Free For Ever!!!

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2007, 02:08:06 PM »

Hey guys is it possible to make a psp media center like on the xbox, but only with the media codes, games and internet ability?
1. I hate having to format all my stuff to mpeg4 or watever its called insted of just clicking it and playing it
2. I be nice to show some style unlike the psp default skin/look
3. a cooler internet browser like news feed and weather updates etc
4. built in file explorer
5. etc etc i can go on and on

So the question is, is it possible to make such and eboot taking up as little as space possible?
and if not then just for the media part of it?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 12:39:34 AM »

No.. as it's the FW that Supports the Media formats   But there are some programs that will support divx/xvid BUT you still have to convert as the psp it's self can not handle anything Big say like a 16:9 format =)

and really the GPU and CPU on the PSP can't handle video all to well =( think of it like playing video on a really Old Pc with a 255 P2 CPU and a shitty 3D card =) 

just like How the xbox can not handle  HD video i mean it will play it BUT lag like a *female dog* =) kind of like .mkv if you ever played .mkv on a xbox then you know what i am talking about
Art2Fly
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 12:08:33 PM »

YES i like to call it IR Shell
well it's the closest thing to it

" I'm gonna rip your throat and s**t down your neck!" -- Duke Nukem
All in all, it was a good day. Especially considering I didn't even have to use my AK.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 07:52:18 AM »

IR Shell is a ok app But it can not play all formats Nore video thats to big in size

no matter what you're going to end up covertting the video
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: