Softmod Depot
April 25, 2024, 04:36:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HDD Locked  (Read 3897 times)
GamezR2EZ
« on: March 14, 2007, 11:26:53 AM »

Ok, im new to soft modding (since last thursday Wink ) and i need some help. When preparing my 160gb HDD using xboxhdm v1.9 everything went great, got in on the xbox and it worked and everything. But then my friends xbox crashed (his fault not mine) i managed to hotswap it and retrive the eeprom (he had already backed it up) then unlock his HDD. Anyway when looking it to my xbox using my EEPROM and xboxhdm v1.9 the program crashed while it was locking. I started it backup and it was locked, just not with my EEPROM key. So i need to either figure out the password (fat chance) or strip it off completely. I would rather not format it but if i have to i would. Can you guys offer any assistance?
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 02:27:16 PM »

The eeprom supplied password
will be set and a Master Password 'XBOXSCENE'. You can use this to unlock
the HDD if you loose the eeprom password you your eeprom gets lost.
Boot the xboxhdm to DOS (option 4) and run the atapwd tools to unlock
using Master passwords.
GamezR2EZ
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 03:32:45 PM »

That worked well only i realize i locked it with ConfigMagic last so the master was set to TEAMASSEMBLY. but i got it unlocked. thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: