Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 06:21:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Video games could pull the plug on relationships  (Read 5344 times)
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« on: February 21, 2007, 12:55:13 PM »

In the battle for her boyfriend’s attention, Lindsay Cosens fears only one foe. It’s not other girls or his friends, but one many other girlfriends are facing — video games.

First-person shooter games — Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 for Xbox, the Microsoft game console — are commanding the attention of many boyfriends while other girls have lost their men to the online computer game World of Warcraft.

Cosens, a graduate student, first came into contact with Halo when her boyfriend, who she says has been "obsessed with video games forever," became determined to beat it.

The couple has been together for more than six years, but the game did cause a few problems, Cosens said.

"We’ve gotten into little spats where maybe I want to watch TV and he’s using it, but we solved that by getting a second TV," she said.

Cosens isn’t alone in her struggle against video games. Chelsea Chamberlin, an education sophomore, created the www.facebook.com group "Halo stole my boyfriend," as a response to a boyfriend who loved the game a little too much.

"My boyfriend at the time played the game all the time," she said. "He would have Halo parties all the time and I wouldn’t be able to hang out with him because he was having those parties."

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 04:44:33 PM »

ha ha ha XD I Know this is an extremely old topic but OMFG! that's just sad that guys can do that ha ha WoW pretty pathetic if you ask me lol

Coburn
Talented Modder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 10:06:10 PM »

Girls > Video games. Who wants video games more than a girl??

rattmansam
Talented Modder

If I got it, I mod it!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:11:25 PM »

Some days I do.... Girls can get very annoying. But girls are also fun.

I like tacos.

InsaneTrout
Talented Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 02:16:30 AM »

absolutely man I mean last I checked you can't get in bed with a game ha ha XD maybe in the distant future some weirdo will make it happen but not now lol.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: