Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 05:33:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PS3 Firmware Check Bypassed!  (Read 4139 times)
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« on: February 20, 2007, 07:18:46 PM »

well i kno this is not my section but i was surfing the web and came across this tought this might be helpfull for people that have the PS3

This is confirmed to allow you to play PS3 games online WITHOUT updating and you can access the Resistance without upgrading your firmware. This method may also allow for some form of downgrading methods too.

Tutorial for PS3 Firmware Bypass in Windows

Here’s a simple way to setup your PS3 to bypass the firmware check using a Windows machine as a dns server, its basically the same thing as what Wii users did to use the wii shop as a browser:

1.) Download the SimpleDNS software from http://www.simpledns.com/download.aspx

2.) Run SimpleDNS (you don’t have to reboot despite the installer telling you to..), click on the Records button

3.) In the records window, click on Tools > Quick Domain Wizard

4.) for domain name enter: ps3.update.playstation.net

for Web server IP enter 67.15.88.46
delete the Secondary DNS name entry, you do not need it

5.) Now that you have your new server added, you need to add A Name entries so the ps3 gets redirected on the firmware requests, to do this simply right click and choose New Host Address (A-Record)

6.) we need to add two A-Name entries, depending on what region you are in. You can add as many as you’d like if you want to cover your bases though

For the us, we need fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net and dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net

So, In the host address window, enter fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net for Record name, and 67.15.88.46 for IP Address, set the Time To Live to 999 days. Repeat this for dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net

7.) your end result should be a setup similiar to this, once done simply close the records window in SimpleDNS so that it is back at the activity window

8.) On your playstation 3, go into internet settings and enter manual setup and set your PS3's DNS server entry for the IP of the pc on your lan which is running SimpleDNS, then away you go!

Edit: finished step 8, and added pics "snafupossum"

LINK TO ORIGINAL TUTORIAL: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playstation-3-chat/ps3-firmware-version-check-bypassed-thread-55789-6.html#post155262
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 03:56:15 PM by Snafupossum » Logged

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 03:12:10 PM »

the person who took those screen shots has the same windows theme as me Smiley

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 03:25:15 PM »

could u post up da link to it i want it =)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: