Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 03:42:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Undefine mode # & No disk drive found  (Read 4122 times)
evilmike
« on: February 16, 2007, 05:17:06 PM »

I'm having a bit of trouble and hope you guys can help. I have an older pc so when I run xboxhdm after I choose boot VGA console w/ xbox util. I get a dialogue about an "undefined mode #" and I chose "0" and things keep moving. But then when I'm supposed to type in"xboxhd -a" to format the drive I get a message that says

"This script assumes /dev /hda is the device to be used for creating or rescuing an xbox hd. No disk drive found on /dev /hda (primary master)

I checked the jumpers and they are set right and the hd is working and brand new. I read somewhere that the fact that my pc doesn't have a video card in it might cause a problem. What am I doing wrong?
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 06:26:53 PM »

make sure by going into your bios that the hd is rely set to master. to enter bios it is usualy F5 or escape or delete. google "your computers model" how to enter bios. just to see what button it is.

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 07:56:00 PM »

some computers cant go to the bios like mine so ur gonna have to go to someones house to get it done like me

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: