Softmod Depot
April 16, 2024, 12:30:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: play blu-ray disc without disc  (Read 3772 times)
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2007, 05:01:21 PM »

Since most of us don’t have bluray drives for our PC we have PS3 to aid us in our backup process.

This is the complete guide step-per-step:

Quote from: hacked2123
Since most of us don't have bluray drives for our PC we have PS3 to aid us in our backup process.

This is the complete guide step-per-step:

1. Boot into Linux
2. Insert the Blu-ray movie you wish to backup

3. Ctrl+Esc - Type "Terminal" (or click the terminal)
(3.5 Connect your external hard-drive)

4. Type "dd if=\dev\cdrom of=\imagename.img"
(4.5 Type "dd if=\dev\cdrom of=\mnt\sdc\imagename.img"

5. When this completes transfer the file
(5.1 My way for step 5 above. Remove the external drive.)
(5.2 Download and install Ext2FS)
(5.3 Check enable write support for ext2/3)
(5.4 Run Ext2Mgr and in the drop-down menu "Tools" selective "Service Management" click the "Start" button)
(5.5 Right click the ext2/3 partition on your external hard-drive and click "Change Drive Letter" then click the "Add" button and select a letter, not a # )
(5.6 Goto "My Computer" the drive should be there now if not try refresh (F5) )

6. Install and run any version of IsoBuster
7. File - -> "Open Image File"
8. Create a directory somewhere on your PC. Inside that directory create a folder named BDMV. Inside of that directory create the folder stream)
9. From IsoBuster drag and drom the AACS folder to your 1st new directory.
10. Inside of BDMV - - > Stream copy which/all of the files located on the bluray image's corresponding directory
(11. Install the Java Runtime on your PC. Navigate to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin" (or the like) copy client, paste client, and rename it server) )
12. Extract BackupBluRayv021

13. Right-click CPSKey.cfg - - > Open with... NOTEPAD
13.25 Navigate to http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playstation-3-chat/blu-ray-unique-volume-keys-51285.html and select your movie
13.5 Copy and paste the Volume Unique Key then type "=" then the title of the movie then type " |00\00\00|" then copy and paste the CPS Unit Key
13.9 Don't forget to save it

14. Windows_BTN+R (run) - type cmd.exe
15. Drag and drop BackupBluRay.cmd into cmd then type " "(space) the location you create (you can drag and drop it) then type " "(space) type the destination (try C:\)

Lots of steps, but its the complete guide I promise. I did this successfully with Talladega Nights. When I find a way to find the CPS Key from the PS3 itself I shall let you all know. The output is playable on VLC.

download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TAT3MW7Z

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 05:03:06 PM by Snafupossum » Logged

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 04:30:35 PM »

am goin to do this =)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: