Softmod Depot
March 28, 2024, 04:21:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Thoughts.....and ideas  (Read 4908 times)
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

bababooey bababooey bababooey

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2007, 08:57:46 AM »

Hey guys....if there already is a tread for this then SORRY Undecided.....but if not.....a starters guide to soft mod.....like
"First you'll need a ______"
"Second you'll need ______"
"Then you'll need to download______"
"then load this to this______"

For the record i know that ill need:
- an action memory card that retails for $30.00
- 007 game, mechwarrior I and not the platnum, or Slinter cell
- to download Ndure (found and have "V2.0" off torrentspy)
- download a rom's package

Ive seen some video guides on youtube....but still a bit confussed....is that it? just load the ndure onto the action memory....load the game....save the ndure.....and walla??  Also when would you change to a larger HDD? and what would you say is a good GB size?

and how do you guys sudjest the trasfer of roms to modded xbox?
and my thoughts are: moddin my xbox....loading N64....snes...nes...sega master sys....sega cd, 32x, genesis, and saturn(?is it ave?)....PS1....and a larger HDD....and load a few dozen xbox games onto HDD
drfweega
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 09:24:15 AM »

Well it is as simple as you said, load the save onto the AR and then onto your Xbox. Launch the game and choose that save and follow the step to mod your Xbox. After you have modding it you can then FTP to your Xbox and load up all kinds of roms and emus. The best place to get the emulators is #xbins in IRC chat (look up mIRC) server irc.efnet.net .

About upgrading the HDD. There is a tutorial on how to upgrade your Xbox in the Tutorial section.
RooFerrigno
Jr. Modder

bababooey bababooey bababooey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 10:06:11 AM »

to Dr....IM NOT WORTHY IM NOT WORTHY.....

-thanks for the info and the confermation on my thoughts.....just one more....
-FTP.....is that part of the process during the mod itself of later? How would i go about doin this....i thinkin of modding my xbox this sunday....so tryin to get the info now so i dont have to go to EB and buy a used one....thanks for the help so quickly...means alot
drfweega
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 11:08:02 AM »

FTP is what you are capable of doing after your box has been modded. It allows you to connect your Xbox to a router and then from the router to your pc and you can browse the internal data on your box. There is a guide in the Tutorial section on exactly how to set it up.
Kyla666 (zzk2001)
Administrator
Super Modder

Kicking ass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 12:17:32 PM »

don't use  Ndure 2.0 or Ndure 3.0 

Use Krayzie Ndure v1.1, you can find it here
http://www.smdepot.net/forum/index.php?topic=961.0
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW