Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 12:53:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Madden 07 won't play on my soft modded Xbox  (Read 10667 times)
gregsuko
« on: January 31, 2007, 05:39:32 PM »

Hello all...first time poster here.

I'd like to thank all of you for the work you've put into this site first off...it's helped me quite a bit when my xbox hard drive started failing.

Well enough with the flattery...to my problem.
I have a modded xbox that I modded using xboxhdm. I can play most games but a couple I got Madden 07 for Christmas and I can't seem to get it to load. The older games play fine, but this one doesn't. Unfortunately I don't have another (unmodded) xbox to test with.

Is it possible that I have a bad disk or is this a problem any of you have encountered before?

Thanks in advance.

Greg
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 06:51:34 PM »

so, it is a retail disc? if so it should boot up, you might wanna try going to ms dashboard then putting the disc in to see if it boots

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 08:43:55 PM »

i think he has it in the Xbox HD cuz i had the same problem you have to edit something to make it work but madden 05 works just graet

gregsuko
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 09:30:49 PM »

Thanks for the replies.

It is a retail disc and not stored on the hard drive. Previously I tried just launching the disc from the dash..it just hangs on the evolution X screen.

I also tried booting the Xbox with the tray open and launching the game from there with the same result.

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 08:04:50 AM »

try burning the game to a dvd prob ur disc is messed up

drfweega
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 08:15:59 AM »

Yeah, I would do what 'lilcrazynigga' said. Try copying it with dvd2xbox because it will tell you if it failed copying files, then FTP it to your PC. Once it's on the computer, make an .iso of it and burn it with Nero.
gregsuko
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 09:02:36 AM »

OK..That would suck if the brand new disc is messed up.

thanks for the tip...I'll give that a try and report back my results.
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 04:22:01 PM »

Yeah, I would do what 'lilcrazynigga' said. Try copying it with dvd2xbox because it will tell you if it failed copying files, then FTP it to your PC. Once it's on the computer, make an .iso of it and burn it with Nero.
Thanx i just gave him the same thing i did

drfweega
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 08:08:35 PM »

I was just explaining it in full detail. Whats with you becoming a Doctor?
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 11:51:13 PM »

he jus got his phd in softmodding like you did a while back Smiley

drfweega
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 12:11:24 AM »

lmao Smiley . I am typing on my Xbox right now.
gregsuko
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 02:32:22 PM »

I tried the above. I copied the game to my xbox using dvd2xbox and ftp'ed it to my machine. I then burnt the DVD image.

I'm seeing the same issue when I try to launch the game...it just hangs on the Evo X screen or the equivalent depending on what method I use. It's recognizing something on the DVD because when I try launching from the menu you get when you boot the xbox it says (on both the burned copy and the orig) Launching Madden 07 and it either hangs at that point of jumps back to the main menu. 

Any other ideas? I mya have another xbox to try this on on Sat or Sun...I'll post back and let everyone know.
Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 03:08:12 PM »

try launching from m$ dash, or changeing your game region in evox to japan ntsc(i had to do that to play powerdrome)

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 09:38:10 PM »

I was just explaining it in full detail. Whats with you becoming a Doctor?

IDN i was very mad people thinking i was a lil black boy cuz my name was lilcrazynigga but i just wanted to switch i do no but i might change it again if u want to since ur the ORIGINAL doctor i dont think they need to doctors

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 09:39:28 PM »

he jus got his phd in softmodding like you did a while back Smiley

LMAO good 1 i was just very BORD i was goin to make a new acount but i said 4get it i did not no you could change ur name

I tried the above. I copied the game to my xbox using dvd2xbox and ftp'ed it to my machine. I then burnt the DVD image.

I'm seeing the same issue when I try to launch the game...it just hangs on the Evo X screen or the equivalent depending on what method I use. It's recognizing something on the DVD because when I try launching from the menu you get when you boot the xbox it says (on both the burned copy and the orig) Launching Madden 07 and it either hangs at that point of jumps back to the main menu. 

Any other ideas? I mya have another xbox to try this on on Sat or Sun...I'll post back and let everyone know.

did u try lunching it from your HD because if it dont run it is the game that is F"ed up and u got to get a new one i hope this helps
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 09:41:54 PM by DR_SoFtMoD » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: