Softmod Depot
April 25, 2024, 12:51:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New PSP modchip around the corner?  (Read 2500 times)
infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« on: January 28, 2007, 04:58:30 PM »

Adding to the hectic day, we have news that there might be another modchip in the works, coming out soon. While not much is known at this point, the webpage lists the supposed features in the modchip:

Flash your PSP using the internal USB Port
No additional USB Port required
Latest ACTEL ProASIC 3 technology
Low power consumption
Works on all available PSP versions incl. TA-082 and TA-086
Custom BIOS with a lot of cool additional features
Easy to install
Just a bit of soldering skills required, no hardcore installation
A friend of mine did a bit of digging and found out that the official page is registered to a certain guy called Michael Eichhorn. This Michael is from Gamefreax.de, a german modding store/site. I'd say that this adds a bit of credibility to the claims of the modchip guys. On top of that, another source said that he had been expecting this around the holidays, but it might have gotten delayed. When asked if this could be 0okm's multi-firmware module, he was quick to deny it.

Another bit of info I noticed is that Gamefreax had/has been supplying Mathieulh, Dark_AleX, and Yoshihiro with hardware supplies. While I would have doubted the claims of these guys, the amount of info and links here point that this isn't just another fake, and that we could be having another modchip soon. Stay tuned as we'll have the latest updates and info on this bit of news.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: