Softmod Depot
April 25, 2024, 03:27:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bluetooth USB Dongle giving me a headache...  (Read 6268 times)
skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2007, 04:45:57 PM »

hey everyone, not too long ago i purchased a USB Bluetooth dongle for my PC, and it has so far worked. but i try to install it on my laptop and i get problems. first off i put the dongle in the usb drive and a new hardware is detected, yay. i put in the installation CD that came with it and it does its thing and i think all has gone well. i restart my laptop, and there is no Bluetoooth icon on my desktop, no little symbol in my taskbar. nothing. i go to add/remove proggies and i see the software is there, but since its not working, i uninstall it. it finishes, i restart. so now im thinkin "ok lemme go for a second attempt" so i put in the installation CD and it gives me a message: are u sure u want to remove BlueSoleil (the bluetooth sotfware) from this computer? im thinkin "didnt i already do that" but whatever i hit yes and it does its thing and i restart. i try the CD again and i get the same message, so now im thinkin maybe it wasnt fully uninstalled, so i go back to add/remove and i see that the proggie is still listed. so i click change/remove, and nothing happens. i do it a coupla more times... nothing. i restart and try... nothing. now im kind of at a roadblock. i want to get bluetooth on my PC, but i cant install it. any advice would be greatly apppreciated. thanks.

skip

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 05:58:35 PM »

where did you percease it my laptop has the same problem sometimes with other  programs some times u have to defrag your laptop so it could read things
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 06:00:31 PM by lilcrazynigga » Logged

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 06:08:17 PM »

i got it off ebay. 11 bucks, well worth it when it works.

Snafupossum
Administrator
Sr. Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 07:06:28 PM »

after you uninstalled it did you go and make sure the folder was deleted in program files?

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 07:40:16 PM »

when you unistalle it restart you computer  and then turn it on and then install it again and if not what os aare u running in your laptop

skip2mylou
Sr. Modder

no wall is safe...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 10:28:39 PM »

yeah i always make sure to delete the folder from the Prog. Files directory. i tried ur tip lilcrazynigga, but nothing, im running windows xp home.

infamousdice
Super Modder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 12:34:06 PM »

did it work on you desktop or Maybe your laptop does not support this program because you saiud it worked for your desktop

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: