Softmod Depot
April 19, 2024, 10:10:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Few Yes and No Answers please =p  (Read 4087 times)
RobCardIV
« on: October 30, 2005, 05:30:04 AM »

Sorry. I tried to search down the answer.  But im still not sure, Ive read things that lead me to belive both.

Anyone here hear about    Qwix and Avalanch?     Do you have to have a MODCHIP in place to use either of these tools?  The documentation for Qwix and Avalance didnt state that you Do have to have it, but one of the sentences they used made it sound like you did.  So Im confused.

Xbox CdRom Drives wont last forever, I would much rather copy my few, top fav games to my Xbox hard drive and just play them from the Hard drive.  I own two Xbox and about 12 games.  (only expect to fit a few games =p).

Im more interested in getting My legal copies of a game onto the hard drive, which Qwix+Avalanch will do.

So far, without spending any cash, Its looking like ill have to Run the Audio Exploit + the Splintercell Exploit in order to get any of my Files onto hard drive.

Also, just to make sure.. Its looking like (After reading tons of pageS), That I can get the info from my computer to my Xbox with a Router and cables.. without the use of a memory card or anything correct?

My Splinter Cell, my PC And router to Xbox, and the correct Software are all I should need to get this done, Correct?
Boost
Softmod Elite
Administrator
Sr. Modder

yeah, we can do that

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 09:20:19 PM »

Qwix and avalaunch runs great on a chipped or softmodded xbox, i use it on both.

adding xbox games is simple, put a program on your xbox called dvd2xbox
use it, once you've put your game on it look for update.xbe and dashupdate.xbe or any live content and delete it.
it'll save you some space, the retail harddrive is only 8 gigs and it's divided up in partitions
you'll only get 5 gigs at the most on E
you can format F and find 2 more gigs usually, but not always.

you'll need an Action Replay kit and one of those game and an exploit for one of those games.

load the exploit to the action replay
copy that save to the xbox using the M$ dash
load up the game
choose campain
load "run linux"
now install uxe or ude
nkpatcher 67
evox
no dual boot ( unless you want too )
and generic fonts
sit back and wait............................................................................................................................................................

it'll say when it's done
(( for Ltools exploit on a 1.6 version the screen will go wacky, let it be wack, the xbox light will be orange while it's working, it'll flash green once its done! - reboot and pop out the game ))

your modded!

BOOST[/glow][/b]
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 09:25:56 PM by Boost » Logged

Sig Built by BOOST

kingyiff
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 12:36:01 PM »

i am glad thats all cleared up

good job boost
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: