Softmod Depot
March 29, 2024, 08:19:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: 10.23.09 - The website is fully operational again. Thank you for the patience as we put everything back together. Check out the forums for more information if you are curious.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Make EvolutionX Skins  (Read 5414 times)
losteyes
« on: January 20, 2007, 01:47:53 PM »

Grin

Okay crew! I was searching every where for a Boondock Saints Skin for my EVO dash... I could not find one that suited me. So I made my own. Then I realized I need to know how to config. the thing. I searched and searched and searched... well you get the idea. Then I came across Evolver 1.1 by koldfuzion. This was an amazing APP! It will let you position the text where you want and change the ALPHA of your menu etc... It is sweet! So then I started looking at other skins and the config file and I "figured" it out. Only one part I am unsure on, the MenuColor 2 and the BarColor 2; I am still figuring it all out. I hope this tutorial helps. It is the first one I have ever really written.

IMG size is 640 x 480 pixles

A:This is the name of your skin and skin file name... mine is boondocksaints your names need to match the file name it is stored in
B: the skin config. file should read Skin_"" - and the file name
C: this will display the information you want...I.E. disc empty/title, IP- your xbox IP address, Time- well the time and date C1: This will position the text... I used Evolver 1.1 it will let you place it where you want. if you don't want anything there just don't type anything.
  • 1.0,0xFFFFFF,0,"<CD>"-- this will show the text for disc information in solid text and the color is white.
  • to change the opacity of the text use 1.0(100%) - 0.0 (0%)
  • to change color after the 0x put the html code for your color of choice.
D:  this shows the file location: \skin\file name\image
  • Main: the background image on your dashboard
  • launch: the loading image
F: This will be your bar color and menu text color
  • BarAlpha will change the Opacity of the bar.. Since my BG included a shaded bar already I changed mine to 0.0 for 0% opacity
[UPDATEDglow]
  • for some reason you have to have the spinning logo on there I have tried to use it with out one. so to keep it small just use the following code
LogoType   =   1 - this will keep it small and in the top left corner.  Cool
[/list]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 08:34:58 AM by Dr Fweega » Logged
drfweega
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 10:25:11 AM »

Do you have a pad that you use to write through photoshop with, because those letters look good and they aren't the same which tells me you didn't use a font for that.
losteyes
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 02:03:23 PM »

Grin yes i do actaully.. But that is a font I downloaded called brooklyn kid... my pad is by WACOM. twas $100 at a circuit city. I enjoy the pad very much.
drfweega
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 05:37:40 PM »

Oh, I guess it was just a difference between a C and c.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: